When you purchase a home, it’s always nice to put your own stamp on things. You might change out the flooring, paint the walls, and start to decorate the rooms to match your personality and style. Most people start their home renovations with the kitchen and the living room, which are the two rooms that you and your family probably use the most in the home. Then it’s on to the bathrooms and bedrooms, and eventually, you get around to rooms like an office or formal dining room. But one area that has a big impact on the overall feel and look of your home is too often neglected: the entryway.
It’s time that the entry into your home got a little more love. Afterall, it’s the area that will make the first impression on your guests! We’ve helped homeowners in the Las Vegas area with their entryway remodeling projects and have seen for ourselves the difference it can make in a home. Here is why you should remodel that front entry and how to go about doing it.
Why You Should Update Your Front Door
It’s the first impression your guests have of your home.
Everyone knows how important first impressions are, and the same thing goes for your home. So what first impression is your house making on your guests? When people come to your home, chances are they are going to use the front door to get there. Making that entryway an inviting space can set guests at ease and give them a positive first impression of your home. Putting a little care and consideration into the appearance of your entryway tells guests that you are proud of your home and care for it; in turn, they are more likely to take care of it, too, and be good guests while they visit your space.
It is the perfect place to showcase your personality and style.
The point of decorating your home is to create a space that reflects your personality and style. Your entryway should do that, too. It’s actually a perfect space to show off your home’s style. That’s because, unlike the interior of your home, it’s a space that everyone will be able to see when driving by. It sets the tone for the interior, too, giving guests and passersby a glimpse of what your interior style is like. An entry can set the tone of a welcoming home and create an atmosphere of warmth and friendliness.
It could help increase the value of your home.
You aren’t the only one who is going to appreciate a beautiful entryway. Potential buyers will like it as well. That’s because when people are looking for a new home to purchase, they want to be able to imagine themselves living in the space. If it’s a warm and welcoming one, they are more likely to want to make an offer. A well-done entryway remodeling job also shows potential buyers that the current owners have put a lot of care into the home, meaning it’s more likely to have been properly maintained and be in good repair for the next owner. That can drive up the offered price and get you more money out of the final sale.
How to Remodel Your Entry
DIY vs. Hiring a Professional
When you decide that it’s time to remodel your entry, you’ll have to make a decision: do you want to do the work yourself or are you going to hire a professional? There are a number of factors to consider when making this decision.
- Your budget. While the initial investment of hiring a professional is going to be more than taking the DIY approach, it may actually be cheaper in the long run. You’ll need to buy the tools and supplies to get the work done yourself, which can be a significant amount of money depending on what you need. You may find that you aren’t able to complete the work that you wanted to do and end up having to hire someone to do it anyway.
- How much you like DIY. Some people love being weekend warriors and taking on a remodeling project. Others would rather be playing golf or spending time with their kids. There is no right or wrong answer here; it’s purely based on your personal preference. If you love DIY projects and want to take on the task of remodeling your entryway, then go for it! If the thought fills you with dread, though, then it’s time to hire a professional.
- Your time. When you do it yourself, you’ll end up paying more in terms of your time, which may be better spent doing something else. A professional will be able to create something that matches your vision for the space and will likely be able to do it a lot faster, too. Their experience, manpower, and tools are going to help them get through the work more efficiently than you might be able to do.
Think About Your Goals
When you set out to remodel your entryway, you’ll want to start creating a plan by thinking about what your goals are for the space. Here are some common goals that we hear from our customers that might be similar to your own:
- Bring in more light. A lot of entries become dark places in the home, due to the fact that homeowners don’t want everyone who is driving by to be able to see inside of their home. To maintain their privacy they install heavy wooden doors and curtain their windows. But if your goal is to make the space lighter and brighter, then consider glass doors and obscured glass windows and you’ll have the best of both worlds.
- Make the space more beautiful. Entries can be bland places, but your home has no space for blandness! If you want to boost the beauty and wow factor of your entry. a new front door is a perfect place to start. Doors can be a focal point of the entry and a custom door can become a true work of art.
- Increase security without sacrificing looks. Your entry should be inviting, but it should also be strong enough to keep unwanted or uninvited guests out of your home. Think about the extras that you want to add to your space that can help keep your family more secure, including video entry systems, glass doors for visibility, or reinforced doors to prevent break-ins.
Set a Budget
Before you start on the project, make sure you have an idea about how much you want to spend. This can help you create a remodeling plan for your professional team. Coming to them with a budget will help them scale your ideas and develop a plan that won’t drain your bank account, giving you a remodeled entry that you love and that’s still within your budget.
We’re ready to help! Entry Brite loves to work with Las Vegas homeowners to transform the entryways of their homes into something that truly reflects their personality and style. We’ll make the process easy and help you find the windows and doors that you need to achieve your vision while staying within your budget. Get in touch with our team to get started. You can reach us by giving us a call or contacting us through our website today.